This post has already been read 6088 times!
Perfect Player – IPTV/Media player and playlist generator for XBMC (IPTV-Simple)
Perfect Player is free IPTV/Media player, advanced channels manager and playlist generator for XBMC (IPTV-Simple)
NEW Android Perfect Player version is available for download
– Advanced full-featured IPTV/Media player with OSD and the ability to control playing in Fullscreen
– Video plug-ins supported (ex.ua plug-in bundled)
– Multilanguage support (English, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian)
– Scalable OSD – video and OSD menus renders correctly with any window size and resolution
– The program monitors all your installed logos, EPG, channels groups, and other settings of channels that will not get lost after updating provider’s playlists
– Playlists formats supported: M3U, XSPF (UDP, HTTP, HTTP-UDP-proxy, TORRENT-TV.RU)
– udpxy support (watching, scanning, playlist generating)
– EPG formats supported: XMTLV and JTV
– Setting logos (with preview), program guide (EPG) (manual and auto mapping)
– Working with multiple providers playlists and program guides (EPGs) at the same time
– Channels checking (scanning signal, presence or missing in the list of provider) – in the absence of signal channel are labeled as no signal and excluded from the final playlist until signal appears again; lost channels are marked as lost before they occur or, if desired, can be removed from the final playlist
– Setting radio channels, the time zone (for correct EPG showing)
– Managing channels groups (add, edit, remove groups)
– Rename, hide/show channels
– Channels sorting (by name, by group, within the selected group, move grouped channels to top, move hidden channels to bottom, set provider’s ordering)
– Fully compatible automatic playlist and EPG generating for the IPTV-Simple addon (XBMC playlist)
– Download and install PerfectPlayer-x.x.x.exe
To guaranteed save all program and channels settings:
– Before installing save the settings in a separate file (Save settings)
– After the upgrade, restore settings (Restore settings)
– Add Provider’s playlist URLs
– Add EPG URLs
In the Properties specify:
– Logos directory
If necessary generate a playlist for XBMC specify:
– The resulting playlist file for XBMC (XBMC playlist)
– File in which final EPG will be written (XBMC EPG XMLTV file) – with the extension .gz (!)
– Set to use a local playlist file (the same as XBMC playlist)
– Set to use a local EPG file (the same as XBMC EPG XMLTV file)
– Set the folder with logos (the same as the Logos directory)
Screenshots (v1.0.0 with russian GUI language selected):
– Looking for Java programmers who wants to be involved into project development.
– Further IPTV/Media player functions adding and improvements.
– Creating new plugins – your suggestions!
– Proposals and suggestions are welcome! Please, feedback…
Version 1.1.0: Change log
Version 1.0.8: Change log
– Project now has it’s home! Home page link changed to http://niklabs.com
– Show backgound image when not playing.
– New splash with dark background.
– Added playback options settings in channels table popup menu (deinterlace, aspect ratio, zoom) to make video settings to all selected channels.
– Close OSD command (‘backspace’ key) and hide media list (‘c’ key) doesn’t close media list when not playing.
– Added tvg-name tag parsing at provider’s playlist loading.
– Improved comma parsing in m3u playlists.
– Plugin ex.ua updated (videos descriptions parsing improved).
Added played URLs history (for plugins videos and local files):
– Starting videos from last stopped time.
– Show last played progress line in media lists (as bars under filenames).
– Show watched videos status with special icon image (with the EYE).
– Auto remove old (4 weeks) entries from playedURLs.xml.
– Plugin interface updated (version 0.1.2).
Allows fetching extra data (items descriptions and thumbs) and getting plugin’s icon image.
Any description text’s parts can be highlighted by color.
Some objects moved to plugin interface to make plugins writing more simple.
Updated description and plugin source code can be found here: https://github.com/NikmanSergey/Plugin-ex.ua
– Added: Plugin extra info window with title, description and thumb. Show/hide window – button ‘i’ in plugin media list window title or ‘e’ key.
Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LbTQHF4Q44
– Added: Folders entering history in plugins media list (to correctly setting cursor when return to previous folder).
– Improved: GUI responsiveness when video start playing for plugins and loacal files (graph creating moved to separate thread).
– Channel’s add date parameter added. Showed in tooltip on channels table as “Added: …”.
– Added: About program info dialog.
– Other minor bugfixes.
– Plug-in interface created (version 0.1.0). Allows anyone to create video plug-ins for the Perfect Player.
The aim of plug-ins is to download and parse web-pages with video content, identifying video links and folders.
Lists of links and folders transferred to player for display and playback of selected video.
Plugins are files with jar extension and placed in plugins subfolder of program folder.
If Perfect Player detects at least one plug-in selecting video source (key ‘s’ or the button on control panel) displays source selection window (IPTV, Files, Plug-in 1, Plug-in 2, etc.).
– Distribution includes ‘ex.ua’ plug-in.
Of course, watching videos only be used for educational and informational purposes.
Detailed description and plug-in source code can be found here: https://github.com/NikmanSergey/Plugin-ex.ua.
For any questions related to creation and use of plug-ins, please, contact!
– Fixed (jtv): Ignore EPG for PDT files with size bigger then 65kb (jtv limitation).
– Added: At the end of video playback videos list window opens (not black screen).
– Other minor bugfixes.
– Added GUI multilanguage support (Auto, English, Russian, ask for more…). Properties-> GUI Language. Program must be restarted to apply language change.
– Added ability to move through programmes in EPG window by: buttons in the title of EPG window; keyboard keys ‘[‘ – previous program, ‘]’ – following program; choice by mouse the desired program.
– Added window with details of the selected EPG program: channel name, time and date of start, time and date of end, category, description. Categories and descriptions are available only when using XMLTV EPG file format.
– To show EPG program details press ‘i’ key or ‘i’ button;
– Added ability to quickly change audio track (‘a’ key), zoom (‘z’ key), aspect ratio (‘w’ key).
– Added option Properties->Playback->Hide channels list at start playing.
– Ability to open a video file as program argument. Playing videos by ‘open with …’ Perfect Player in system.
– Forcing LAV filters usage. LAV filters are used if installed in system, if not, the “built-in” LAV filters are used (special codecs installation is not needed).
– The possibility of changing the splash image (for broadcast providers).
– Graphics Improvements, bug fixes (correct determination of EPG shift in the XSPF playlists, saving individual channels deinterlacing mode …)
– Added EPG OSD window (show/hide ‘E’ key).
– Added work through udpxy server (watching, scanning, playlist generating).
– Optimizing memory usage. Loading EPG programs only for non-hidden playlist channels (program startup and working boost, lower memory usage).
– Added the ability to change by mouse channels group, show/hide EPG window, change playback position in the control panel.
– Displays playback position in the control panel.
– Improved animation of the information panel, control panel, options window, volume.
– Improved accuracy of text rendering and sprites.
– Added ability to select rendering priority: quality/speed.
– Added ability to select default deinterlace action (Default, On for IPTV, On, Smooth, Off).
– Saving volume and mute values on exit.
– Added some possible values of Aspect ratio for options window.
– If ‘Download EPG on startup’ option selected EPG is only downloaded if EPG has not yet been downloaded on the current day.
– In Properties -> General added link to the Perfect Player home page.
– Added full support for XSPF playlists format.
The first time downloading playlist (and new channels appearing) all data from file is loaded into the program (channels, groups, sort order, EPG, EPG time shift, logos).
Adding corresponding EPG URL (for correct binding EPG to channels) before adding playlist is recommended. Then you can change any settings for channels.
If you need to reload data from a playlist file you should choose the channels and click drop down menu item ‘Remove selected channels’ – selected channels immediately deleted and then will be loaded from the playlist file.
– Added ability to individually set playing options for channels and video files (deinterlacing type, aspect ratio, picture zoom, audio track selection). To open options window press button ‘P’ when playing.
– Full mouse controls implemented. Selecting menu items, channels, files. Scrolling windows with lists. Volume changing with mouse wheel. Seeking when playing video (by clicking on the timeline).
– Added control panel. While mouse movements detected control panel will appear. Functions: play/pause, stop, channels, source select, options, update playlists, settings mode.
– Before playing some protocols (M3U8) you have a choice of bandwidth (if the source provides such a possibility).
– Improved interface responsiveness and visualization, optimization of memory management.
– Installation is now done using a native installer (additional installations are not required).
– Added play mode (windowed). There are 3 program modes now: settings, play, fullscreen.
– Added ability to view media files.
– In the Properties Playback tab added to set video settings (select default media files directory, fullscreen display selection, zoom SD video or fit width, changing display frequency in accordance with the video frame rate).
– Added OSD elements: list of channels, list of files, media info…
– Player keys controls:
Left, Right, Up, Down, PageUp, PageDown – channel/file selection, seeking
Enter – play selected item
X – stop
Space – pause/play
I – show/hide playback info bar
O – show/hide media info
U – download and update provider(s) playlist(s)
-,= – volume down, up
M – mute
С – show/hide channels/files list
S – source selection (IPTV/Files)
Backspace – hide OSD
– Easy remote control setup (imitation keys pressing to the ‘ProviderPVR – Fullscreen’ window with EventGhost).
– Many fixes/improvements regarding stability and interface.